Subject: NEW! - Bultmann, Rudolf - Jesus Christ and Mythology v3.0 (rtf).zip (0/1)
From: the real caterpillar <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 06 Jun 2004 12:48:21 -0500
Newsgroups: alt.binaries.e-book

Jesus Christ and Mythology
by Rudolf Bultmann
a.b.e-book v3.0 

Back Cover:

	A summary of Bultmann's controversial method of Biblical
interpretation, which tries to recover the deeper meaning behind the
mythological concepts of the New Testament.

	Rudolf Bultmann is one of the greatest scholars in the field
of New Testament study. Few men have written more books with serious
claim to the term "epoch-making." Born in Germany in 1884, Bultmann
studied at Tubingen, Berlin and Marburg. In 1912 he began his teaching
career in New Testament at Marburg, and remained there, except for
five years, until his retirement in 1951. During the time of the Nazi
domination, he took active part in the strong opposition which the
churches built up. After World War II he has spent much time lecturing
in Europe and the United States.

Contents

Preface
I - The Message of Jesus and the Problem of Mythology
II - The Interpretation of Mythological Eschatology
III - The Christian Message and the Modern World-View
IV - Modern Biblical Interpretation and Existentialist Philosophy
V - The Meaning of God as Acting

the real caterpillar
FAQ: http://ebook.23ae.com